From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wiki and issue tracker access policy
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:54:31 GMT
On Mar 12, 2012 8:10 AM, "Gary" <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A few people have asked me about issue tracker access privately in the
last few days and so I think it is time to look further into this.

> Although I believe that this mailing list will remain the primary source
for discussion and decisions, I would be very much in favour of allowing
the issue tracker to be opened up so that people can at least raise tickets.

> We need to decide how (or if) that can be done. As we don't particularly
want to see the wiki or ticket system being abused by bots, would it be
best to ask users to create accounts with a valid email address to allow
edit actions?

I'd say an email is required. If a ticket needs info, you must have a way
to reach the user.

> And once they have greater access rights, are there any of these rights
that such a user should not have:
>  * ticket creation
>  * ticket modify
>  * wiki page modify
>  * wiki page create

I'd say: give them all those, until problems arise.

> Do we need to run these questions by the Apache infrastructure guys?

Only if we expect the changes to cause problems, and I don't see that.

Cheers,
-g