From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #21: Site notification of ticket and wiki activity
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:27:43 GMT
On 03/27/2012 06:29 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

>> To continue this discussion.. is there an argument for sending all the
>> relevant notifications to the bloodhound-commits mailing list with the
>> Reply-To set to bloodhound-dev?
> That would be best. DIscussion should be steered onto -dev, so a
> Reply-To on any commit (or wiki edit) would be excellent. Note: I
> *think* that ezmlm sets the Reply-To header for bloodhound-commits@.
> Assuming that's true, then the BH instance doesn't need to bother with
> it. I'd say "just try it" :-)

Well, emails are currently sent direct to a person when they update a
ticket and so I had already set the Reply-To to bloodhound-dev@. I think
this is the right thing to do as we might not expect a user to be
subscribed to bloodhound-commits@.

I am thinking that always emailing the ticket owner or the ticket
reporter might feel a bit like spam if they are not able to turn it off
so I have not enabled those options. I believe that users should be able
to use the cc ticket field for that purpose if they are interested.

Does that seem reasonable for now?

Cheers,
     Gary