From Gary <>
Subject Re: The case for introducing jEditable WAS: svn commit: r1300553 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/wireframes: quick_create.png src/quick_create.bmml
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:25:22 GMT
On 03/14/2012 09:09 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Gary<>  wrote:
>> Well, in-place editing is likely to be useful elsewhere - here I am thinking
>> of editing an existing ticket's fields in particular. I am not sure how
>> difficult it will be to provide custom code for these but if there is an
>> existing jquery plugin that already works, that is interesting.
> +1 for including jEditable (from a technical perspective)
> nonetheless , license and other relevant subjects still need to be
> reviewed and discussed ... I guess .

Well, jeditable appears to be mostly MIT licensed but I have spotted
that jquery.jeditable.autogrow.js relies on a GPL licensed

That means that we will have to at least be careful about not using that
functionality (assuming that is possible) and not distributing the GPL
code. In addition there would be the danger of it accidentally being
added if we ever see the need to get a new version of the code.

Perhaps it would be better to just consider some alternatives like:
    * BSD license
    * MIT license

I expect that there are more of course.

View raw message