From Gary <>
Subject vendor code drop
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:28:51 GMT

I was hoping to be able to get away without making changes directly to
the trac source but I am not a huge fan of monkey patching as it can
make debugging more confusing. Working directly on a copy of core trac
will make it easier to ensure that the correct code, and the expected
code, is run.

We already seem to have a vendor directory so someone was forward
thinking enough to expect this.. so I'm currently in the process of
creating a vendor branch of trac (using the advice from

If I understand correctly, I don't think that needs any further
agreement from Trac as, at worst, we will be able to generate patches
from the diff between the copy in the vendor directory and our working

View raw message