From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: wiki and issue tracker access policy
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:50:19 GMT
On 03/12/2012 05:10 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:51, Gary<gary.martin@wandisco.com>  wrote:
>> Should I assume that we can use an official apache smtp server for sending
>> email confirmation and other notification messages?
> Oh, certainly. I'd ask infra about that. I doubt the jails run an smtp
> server by default, but hey. Maybe so. There shouldn't be a problem
> just using a local MTA, but Bloodhound/Trac might only support SMTP??
> In any case, I don't see a problem with spinning up postfix within the
> jail, and listening to port 25 on 127.0.0.1 only.
>
> Cheers,
> -g

Well, from what I can tell we have the option of smtp or sendmail. I
don't have any worries about which we use but I am not certain about how
to setup sendmail appropriately.

I've attempted subscribing to the infra mailing list but I am still
waiting on that - I think I used the wrong email account yesterday so I
tried again this morning. Perhaps there is a better place to ask.

Cheers,
     Gary