From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject wiki and issue tracker access policy
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:10:01 GMT
Hi everyone,

A few people have asked me about issue tracker access privately in the
last few days and so I think it is time to look further into this.

Although I believe that this mailing list will remain the primary source
for discussion and decisions, I would be very much in favour of allowing
the issue tracker to be opened up so that people can at least raise tickets.

We need to decide how (or if) that can be done. As we don't particularly
want to see the wiki or ticket system being abused by bots, would it be
best to ask users to create accounts with a valid email address to allow
edit actions? And once they have greater access rights, are there any of
these rights that such a user should not have:
   * ticket creation
   * ticket modify
   * wiki page modify
   * wiki page create

Do we need to run these questions by the Apache infrastructure guys?

Cheers,
     Gary