From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1292265 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/html-templates: milestone.html product.html version.html
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:34:27 GMT
On 22 February 2012 14:28, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Gary <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> [..]
> I have some comments / questions :
>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/html-templates/dashboard.html
>>

> - I noticed ticket query UI in dashboard has changed so ...
>  * I'm assuming that buttons in the toolbar work like tabs
>    so if users click on any of them they stay in the same
>    page and content is updated dynamically

Correct. It's the radio-type button described here:
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#buttons

>  * Products data won't be available until Multi-project
>    support will be ready so I won't consider it until we have
>    something actually implemented in there .
>    I'll use components tag cloud in the meantime
>    (rightmost toolbar)

Sure, that's fine. Further down the line we should have an 'empty
state' for things like Projects and Components too. For example if
there's no Project associated with what you're looking at, but you
click on the button, it should allow you to either associate it with a
current project or create a new one.

I haven't spent much time yet on what that should look like, but
that's the basic functionality.

>  * In dashboard, My Tickets = open tickets owned
>    by logged in user ? If that's the case maybe
>    owner column is redundant ...

My tickets are open tickets owned by the user + open tickets watched
by the user.

>  * In dashboard , All Tickets => what is it exactly ?
>    e.g. active , active tickets mine first , accepted ,
>    all (including closed) tickets ,

All open tickets, sorted by day, then priority, just as the 'My
tickets' section, but without a filter by owner/watched.

>  * What's the difference between projects and products ?

Products have some structure, as in Products can have Versions, which
in turn can have Milestones, which in turn can hold Tickets.
Projects are more like a tag, so anything can belong to a Project.

It's probably worth saying that we don't need to enforce this
structure, ie you could set up a Product wich includes some Tickets
only, and never define a Version. Further you could set up a Version
which holds Tickets, but never define a Milestone. I'll talk some more
about that in a different email.

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/html-templates/product.html
>
> - delayed ... for the reasons mentioned above
>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/html-templates/version.html
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bloodhound/trunk/doc/html-templates/milestone.html
>
> - afaics Bloodhound object hierarchy then will be Environment >
> Product > Version > Milestone

I'm currently thinking:
Dashboard / Product / Version / Ticket
Dashboard / Component
Dashboard / Project

>  and in every step there's a similar report / ticket query displayed .
>  * In every step should the search criteria be refined ? e.g. in
>    milestone view MyTickets «tab» displays e.g. tickets owned by logged
>    in user for which milestone = MilestoneX ?

Yep! That's the idea.
The other point worth mentioning is that when a user chooses to see My
tickets, All tickets or Projects, that selection should stick when
they navigate to other pages.

> while True :
>> Thanks Joe!

:)