From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Dashboard design, Wiki (incl HTML/CSS)
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:34:24 GMT
In terms of option 2, Bootstrap can be modified on the page itself:
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/download.html#variables

..but also using LESS:
http://lesscss.org/

It all depends on what modifications you are looking for exactly.

>From my insights into Trac so far there is no CSS that is currently
provided which Bootstrap doesn't also cover in some way. Please take
the next bit with a pinch of salt because my focus is less technical:
I would think mapping all current CSS references in Trac to the single
Bootstrap file instead is a starting point. We have already
established earlier that Bootstrap and Genshi are not in conflict per
se.

We will then see what breaks, and should decide how to best map those
instances to Bootstrap on a case by case basis, recording these
decisions in patches that can then also be applied to Apps (currently
called TracHacks/plugins) to maintain compatibility, or at least
highlight what exactly needs to be changed to be compatible.

The upshot of this is that we should be able to try this quickly and
if too much breaks to be worth fixing we've ruled out one option.

In fact I'll go further than that and volunteer myself to try it this
afternoon (with Gary's help). I'll post here again later to say how it
went.

- Joe