From Hyrum K Wright <hyrum.wri...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Feb 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:02:33 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Hyrum K Wright
<hyrum.wright@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Hey all:
> I'll volunteer to put this together over the next few hours, and then
> solicit feedback / improvements.
>
> (Though I'm a bit miffed that the "reminder" was sent on the day the
> report is due, particularly since the reminder says that it "give[s]
> [us] plenty of time to prepare".  Then again, we should be on top of
> this without needing to be reminded.)

This is the initial content for the report.  Please elaborate and
expand upon it by editing the appropriate section of this wiki page:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012

The report requires sign off by the mentors (currently Greg and I)
before it is considered final.  I've not yet done so, and while I'm
not sure what Greg's criteria for signing off are, I would like to see
at least a couple of people review (and edit if needed) the report
before I sign off on it.

-Hyrum

[[[
Bloodhound is an issue tracker derivative of Trac, with the goal of
making deployment easy, and usage intuitive.

Bloodhound has been incubating since December 2011.

The current three most important issues toward graduation are:
  1. Improving community diversity
  2. Lowering the barrier to entry and development
  3. Creating shippable releases and getting user feedback

We missed the report last month, largely due to inattention.  There
were a number of discussions about the relationship between Bloodhound
and Trac in early January, but those appear to have been resolved to
the satisfaction of both sets of developers and the Incubator PMC.

The community is going through a learning process about how the ASF
functions, and how to be inclusive of the external community.
Although most of the current developers are colocated, the mailing
lists have started to see increased activity, as the existing
community learns to work in a more open manner.  A couple of
additional people have expressed interest in participating, and are
actively posting to the mailing list.  A number of mockup designs have
started to flow into the repository.

The primary goals of the community include getting something potential
developers can play with into the repository, and creating a release
to get some widespread exposure to the project.
]]]

--

uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
http://www.uberSVN.com/