From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound thoughts
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:19:14 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Gary <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 20/02/12 23:02, Robert Rose wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Olemis Lang<olemis@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> That's a big subject ... Google Chart and Google Visualization API ,
>>>
>>> they both have these particular terms of usage .
>>> BTW , I'm making (on my own) some (kind of yet experimental)
>>> development for TracGViz and the goal is to render data in local
>>> server . This will make it suitable to be used in e.g. intranets .
>>> Nonetheless for more serious efforts in this direction and
>>> distribution as part of ASF code IMO , there's much more to figure out
>>> yet.
>>
>> We also use the flot API internally http://code.google.com/p/flot/
>> with great success.  This is a free[-er] charting package, renders
>> completely client-side and doesn't require access to google's servers.
>

> I have looked at flot before for this kind of thing. I think the MIT license
> on that should be free enough for our purposes. Thanks for reminding me!

There are some good libraries out-there e.g. flot , RGraph (g)Raphael
, ... many indeed . Important considerations :

- Better to use stand-alone JS graph tool or something built on top of jQuery ;)
- What I had in mind was more about building a small API to deal with
the data ...
- ... which means that widgets may be built using any JS lib on top of
the «API» .

... but well , the idea still needs to evolve a little bit ;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.