From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound thoughts
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:48:00 GMT
Hi all !
I just arranged previous messages in a different way so as to make
this thread more «readable» ... Hope you don't mind
;)

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Jim Callahan
<jim.callahan.hsqe@statefarm.com> wrote:
> On 2/19/12 5:43 PM, "Robert Rose" <robert.w.rose@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> * I like the dashboard/activity views that have been shared but I'm
>>not clear if these are supposed to be new pages, or new functionality
>>available as wiki macros?  I make a lot of dashboards using trac and
>>wiki macro queries, it would be nice if these dashboards you're making
>>were customizable using the same mechanism... can they just be wiki
>>pages themselves?
>
> +1 bootstrap

even if I was a bit hesitant at the beginning ... now I second that :
Bootstrap is a lovely monster !
;)

> I really like th idea of the widget-style dashboard elements. Making them
> part of the macro system is a great idea.

Yes . At least I had already thought of that ;) . Indeed, as I
mentioned in previous messages , widgets are inspired on WikiMacros ;
so they actually have a lot of aspects in common ( ... IOW they are
almost the same thing) . Hence the following notes on the the future
of widgets :

- the only thing needed to make widgets become WikiMacros
  is writing an adapter class (easy task ;).
- Later , it'd be nice to implement widgets for all parts of
  Trac GUI (e.g. roadmap , milestones , ...)
- Much later , it'd be nice to offer some Genshi py:def(s) so as to
  easily embed widgets in templates (... added by plugins ...)
- ... maybe more ;)

>> * What's the multiple project strategy?  We use trac to host multiple
>>projects on the same server just using apache redirect rules and the
>>intertrac plugin.  It works very well, but is not easy to
>>setup/maintain.  Would be nice if this was just done for you.

afaicr , the idea was to start by considering Trac Multi-Project
proposal [1]_ and throw some further ideas in there so as to enhance
it . Nonetheless Gary should have more updated info , I guess ... (
and a bunny inside the hat ;)

.. [1] Multiple project support inside a single environment
        (http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracMultipleProjects/SingleEnvironment)

--
Regards,

Olemis.