From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Including Bootstrap + Prettify and maybe other JS template libs in Bloodhound as a dependency WAS: Bloodhound UI basics
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:34:42 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Jeremy Whitlock <jcscoobyrs@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Olemis Lang wrote:
>  > On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Jeremy Whitlock <jcscoobyrs@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >
> > :)
> >
> >>        There were too many thread to respond to inline so I'll just address
things here.

> >> 1) Bootstrap is just a CSS framework with a few very lightweight JavaScript
plugins built on top of jQuery.

> > There's also the case for using something like JsViews [1]_ , and
> > ICanHaz [2]_ ( powered by Mustache ? [3]_ ) which are real
> > fully-featured client-side template systems . Maybe some tighter
> > integration with Trac is required ...
>
> Well, I guess it depends.

yes , of course . I'm just putting these on the table early so as to
consider that option as well
;)

> If Geshi is in the backend but to a lesser capacity, we wouldn't *need* something like
this but it could still be useful for performance reasons since these client-side templating
systems allow for client-side caching of templates.

+1 ... that's the main reason why I mentioned those above .

>  If we get rid of Geshi completely,

oh ! my precious ! ... :'(

:)

> we would most likely want to use a client-side templating system

... something actually important to take a look at
;)

> coupled with some framework like backbone.js.  Again, I've got some experience with
backbone.js and here is a very simplistict, but somewhat cool, backbone.js example (GitHub
feed reader that self-refreshes):

> http://jsfiddle.net/jcscoobyrs/WVX66/

I didn't mention backbone.js ... but it's always around ... ;)

[...]
> >> I know that trying to get something out quick likely will not leave much room
for a templating system overhaul now but I think the problem Geshi is solving on the backend
could be alleviated by using a good framework on the frontend.

> > that looks nice ; so I look forward to more precise comments on this
> > subject in this *new* thread .
> > Excuse me for my previous indiscipline . I should have started a new
> > thread since long time ago
> > :-/
>
> Yes.  I think it would be a great idea to start talking about what we want/need instead
of making Trac's architecture a requirement.  Trac is a great tool but hasn't exactly stayed
up with the times as far as its architecture.

pros vs cons , open debate , and we should be able to move forward
with these ideas
;)

[...]
> I was crossing the streams as I use Geshi in Drupal for syntax highlighting.  This is
the last time I try to be useful first thing in the morning.  ;)

<joke>
Who's talking ? Chuck Norris ? Tyler Durden ? or is it the hacker?
</joke>

thnx for your comments
;)

--
Regards,

Olemis

Facebook => http://www.facebook.com/olemis
Twitter => http://www.twitter.com/olemislc (@olemislc)
Blog ES => http://simelo-es.blogspot.com
Blog EN => http://simelo-en.blogspot.com
Quora => http://www.quora.com/olemis
Youtube => http://youtube.com/user/greatsoftw

Featured article : Identificando números primos con expresión regular en Perl
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-news/~3/BHr859OSndo/identificando-numeros-primos-con.html
Tweet: RT @WANdisco How you can add #uTest to #uberSVN...
http://t.co/SCUhNd6B #fb
Follow @olemislc Reply Retweet   12:35 Jan-20