From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound thoughts
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:15:55 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Gary <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert and Jim,

Hi all once again !

> It is very good to see this kind of interest.

:)

[...]
> At the moment I am also looking at providing the following by default:

[...]
>  * TracTocMacro - http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TocMacro

+1

>  * TracWysiwyg - http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWysiwygPlugin

I'd rather go -1 for this . IMO we should move forward with CKEditor
plugin [2]_ due to the fact that it is extensible (using plugins ;)
hence this may allow Bloodhound to offer much better user experience
in there (e.g. [3]_ ) . I have some (initial) ideas to integrate it
with Trac / Bloodhound

> I suspect that this list is likely to grow a bit. It would be good to see
> more suggestions in this area so that we can see what people think are good.

XmlRpcPlugin ?
;)

> The multi project strategy is going to be a single environment (single
> database) solution. Essentially we are going to add another top level of
> organisation which we are calling products at the moment. This is intended
> to allow you to work within a particular product almost as if it were a
> separate area (with its own wiki and tickets) and allowing you to refer to
> tickets and wiki pages in a different product with an InterTrac like syntax.

... it'd be nice to think of product/project inside an environment
just like if it was a Trac<=0.13 environments inherit configuration
from a given environment ... but without all the overhead involved in
that cases (e.g. shared database , easy queries , ...)

just my $0.02

> I think converting the dashboard elements to macros would be an excellent
> idea too. I don't want to slow initial development so if that is not the way
> that Olemis has already gone we should continue along the existing route and
> we can factor out the functionality into macros a little further down the
> line.

... oh ! I talked about this in previous e-mail . Generic wrapper
class will provide support for this ;)

> We are also interested in providing views of how milestones and products
> progress over time. It is probably worth discussing what people would want
> from that in more detail. Making use of the GoogleChartAPI plugin might well
> be one of the easier ways of doing that.

or TracGVizPlugin may be an option as well , nonetheless this will
only work for instances deployed on the Internet ... afaik , but that
can change .
;)

.. [2] CKEditor plugins (greatsoftw channel i.e. my previous work ;)
        (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLABED7BA09947CA55&feature=plcp)

.. [3] CkEditorPlugin - Trac Hacks - Plugins Macros etc. - Trac
        (http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CkEditorPlugin)

--
Regards,

Olemis.