From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound UI basics
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:29:39 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Mat Booth <mat.booth@wandisco.com> wrote:
> As y'all may know, the user interface in Trac at the moment is built
> using Genshi template. Would using bootstrap involve ripping out that
> dependency?
>
> I would be for this if it meant increased speed rendering the UI. As
> awesome as Genshi is, its design does not lend itself to super-fast
> template processing. [1]
>
> [1] http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiPerformance

-1 for removing Genshi . Trac is tightly coupled to that templates
system . There was a discussion about this subject in ( trac-dev |
trac-users ) MLs months ago and I go -1 for that . Maybe at a later
phase ... and honestly I don't recommend doing so (but final decision
involves much more reasoning by many people paying attention to some
other details ;) .

... just my $0.02
;)

--
Regards,

Olemis

Facebook => http://www.facebook.com/olemis
Twitter => http://www.twitter.com/olemislc (@olemislc)
Blog ES => http://simelo-es.blogspot.com
Blog EN => http://simelo-en.blogspot.com
Quora => http://www.quora.com/olemis
Youtube => http://youtube.com/user/greatsoftw

Featured article : Identificando números primos con expresión regular en Perl
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-news/~3/BHr859OSndo/identificando-numeros-primos-con.html
Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.