From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Initial version of Bloodhound WAS: Dashboard design, Wiki (incl HTML/CSS)
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:06:01 GMT
Yeehaw !

There is a new version of the theme based on Bootstrap , very similar
to what Joachim sketched before ( while True : print "Thanks Joachim
... Keep up the good work" ) . Please take a look at it here [6]_ , as
you can see a bit more of CSS-fu still needed ;)

Important Notes (top-down):

- `Preferences` label rather than `Settings` . Trac-core modification required.
- `View More` link under `Apps` dropdown menu is useless => removed
- Only `wiki`, `tickets` and `browser` main nav items are visible in tabs area
  [1]_ .
- `Browse source` item is not visible in there as there's no repository
  configured in that environment.
- Reports look empty due to the fact that it's a brand new Trac=0.13
  environment (tickets number = 0) . [4]_
- Pay attention to duplicated search box [5]_
- IMO what mainnav items are always visible should be set in trac.ini . So
  default configuration will the one shown in screenshots , but people can
  configure and make their own decisions
- Nonetheless, if some other main nav item (e.g. `Admin`) is active it is also
  added in there [2]_ as I thought it was useful to be aware of that fact.
  If this is not ok for you then my suggestion is to add `active` class to the
  corresponding (active) mainnav item in the dropdown menu . (i.e. highlighted
  in blue background color)
- TODO: Styles for notices, warnings and messages are not available in Joachim
  HTML , therefore I didn't know how to add something like that . This how
  it looks at present [3]_ .
- `Search anything ...` hint inside search box is not displayed in Firefox
  but it shows up in Chrome & Opera [7]_ ... :-/

Further comments below ... ;)

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Joachim Dreimann
> > <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:

[...]
> > JFTR the
> > missing piece in the puzzle is that specific modules (e.g. wiki) add
> > their own rules & CSS classes . In theory , if Trac
> >
> > 1- didn't provide generic rules (e.g. p { /* whatever */ } ) and ...
> [...]
> >
> > ... then it would be possible to obtain expected result relatively quick . So

I wonder if it's a good idea to publish the code (for both dashboard +
theme ;) @ Bb ... IMO that may be useful at least in the meantime , as
code is migrated to Apache svn repos ;)

> > - In order to work around #1 above I suggested to replace trac.css
> > with bootstrap.css
>
> well , this is a good approximation to start with ... there's still
> some room for enhancement ... ;)

This is what I've done , so I'm assuming legacy trac.css file is not
there anymore and it becomes a brand new shiny copy of bootstrap.js .
I toast to that
:)

Instructions below ... keep it under your pillow

> You can get there relatively fast by applying the following patches.
>
> Needless to say that
> you'll get there much more faster if you use the patch queue @
> Bitbucket ... something **like** this
>
> {{{
> #!sh
>
> $ hg qclone ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/olemis/trac-mq/ trac-mq
> $ cd .hg/patches
> $ hg update bh_theme_bootstrap
> $ cd ../../
> $ hg qpush -a
> applying tho/themeengine/t-9580-tc-infinite-recursion.diff
> applying tho/themeengine/t-9580-infinite-recursion.diff
> applying bh/theme/bootstrap.diff
> now at: bh/theme/bootstrap.diff
> }}}
>
> First two patches are needed to make ThemeEnginePlugin run in
> Trac=0.13 . The third one replaces trac.css with bootstrap.css
> Starting from there you can create a new patch on top of those ...
>
> {{{
> #!sh
>
> $ hg qnew bh/theme/patchname.diff
>
> }}}
>
> ... make some changes to css and/or Genshi templates , and refresh the
> patch (qrefresh) + new changeset (qci) once you obtain some results .
> IMO it'd be nice to keep patches as small as possible , thus focusing
> on a particular subject (e.g. fix styles used in wiki pages ;) .
>
> Doing this I'll be able to pull your changes and apply them to my
> local copy . Once they'll be ready to go they may be committed to ASF
> svn repos ;).

.. [1] Screenshot #14 - WikiStart (Firefox)
        (https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BS95gra7s5Q/TzQkJiZMa0I/AAAAAAAAAcA/8yaegfUbdBo/w598-h336-k/BH_theme_14_bootstrap_wiki.png)

.. [2] Screenshot #19 - Timeline (<= notice that it's included in mainnav)
        (https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5qdNJqi6RAw/TzQmuFw-DlI/AAAAAAAAAco/MN-U2kXtes4/w336-h189-n-k/BH_theme_19_bootstrap_timeline.png)

.. [3] Screenshot #23 - Error page
        (https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1W_-p3VxSUY/TzQrcBT0OXI/AAAAAAAAAdA/CSUilkjd1ek/w607-h186-k/BH_theme_23_bootstrap_error_opera.png)

.. [4] Screenshot #18 - Report ... no tickets yet (Firefox)
        (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-XQZLi6Gr1Po/TzQmXu5VX-I/AAAAAAAAAcg/rklRJpEeL8s/w441-h249-k/BH_theme_18_bootstrap_report.png)

.. [5] Screenshot # 16 - Duplicated search box
        (https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kA11fl079_U/TzQkqpJKQSI/AAAAAAAAAcQ/rk1i5vJxJ9U/w441-h249-k/BH_theme_16_bootstrap_search.png)

.. [6] Bloodhound theme (round 2) : Introducing Bootstrap
        (https://plus.google.com/photos#photos/118444449354330048631/albums/5707226375749444353)

.. [7] Screenshot # 22 - Search box in Opera
        (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DlT4_3AhMo4/TzQzb3TWf6I/AAAAAAAAAdY/hAsdQneyk40/w408-h185-n-k/BH_theme_22_bootstrap_wiki_opera.png)

--

Regards,

Olemis

Facebook => http://www.facebook.com/olemis
Twitter => http://www.twitter.com/olemislc (@olemislc)
Blog ES => http://simelo-es.blogspot.com
Blog EN => http://simelo-en.blogspot.com
Quora => http://www.quora.com/olemis
Youtube => http://youtube.com/user/greatsoftw

Featured article : Identificando números primos con expresión regular en Perl
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-news/~3/BHr859OSndo/identificando-numeros-primos-con.html
Tweet: yo no puedo creer q haya pasado inadvertido el 1/2/12 12:12 ...
@elainediaz2003 no dijo na' ... OMG ! ... much more coming soon ;) #fb
Follow @olemislc Reply Retweet   12:59 Feb-01
  Get this email app!
Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.