From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dashboard design, Wiki (incl HTML/CSS)
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:17:43 GMT
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Joachim Dreimann
> <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:

[...]
>> Please take
>> the next bit with a pinch of salt because my focus is less technical:
>> I would think mapping all current CSS references in Trac to the single
>> Bootstrap file instead is a starting point. We have already
>> established earlier that Bootstrap and Genshi are not in conflict per
>> se.
>>

> I already did that for trac.css as it contains generic .

I wanted to say generic CSS rules (e.g. for HTML elements ...) .

> JFTR the
> missing piece in the puzzle is that specific modules (e.g. wiki) add
> their own rules & CSS classes . In theory , if Trac
>
> 1- didn't provide generic rules (e.g. p { /* whatever */ } ) and ...
[...]
> ... then it would be possible to obtain expected result relatively quick . So
>
> - In order to work around #1 above I suggested to replace trac.css
> with bootstrap.css

well , this is a good approximation to start with ... there's still
some room for enhancement ... ;)

You can get there relatively fast by applying the following patchs
[1]_ . Needless to say that
you'll get there much more faster if you use the patch queue @
Bitbucket ... something **like** this

{{{
#!sh

$ hg qclone ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/olemis/trac-mq/ trac-mq
$ cd .hg/patches
$ hg update bh_theme_bootstrap
$ cd ../../
$ hg qpush -a
applying tho/themeengine/t-9580-tc-infinite-recursion.diff
applying tho/themeengine/t-9580-infinite-recursion.diff
applying bh/theme/bootstrap.diff
now at: bh/theme/bootstrap.diff
}}}

First two patches are needed to make ThemeEnginePlugin run in
Trac=0.13 . The third one replaces trac.css with bootstrap.css
Starting from there you can create a new patch on top of those ...

{{{
#!sh

$ hg qnew bh/theme/patchname.diff

}}}

... make some changes to css and/or Genshi templates , and refresh the
patch (qrefresh) + new changeset (qci) once you obtain some results .
IMO it'd be nice to keep patches as small as possible , thus focusing
on a particular subject (e.g. fix styles used in wiki pages ;) .

Doing this I'll be able to pull your changes and apply them to my
local copy . Once they'll be ready to go they may be committed to ASF
svn repos ;).

--
Regards,

Olemis

Facebook => http://www.facebook.com/olemis
Twitter => http://www.twitter.com/olemislc (@olemislc)
Blog ES => http://simelo-es.blogspot.com
Blog EN => http://simelo-en.blogspot.com
Quora => http://www.quora.com/olemis
Youtube => http://youtube.com/user/greatsoftw

Featured article : Identificando números primos con expresión regular en Perl
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-news/~3/BHr859OSndo/identificando-numeros-primos-con.html
Tweet: yo no puedo creer q haya pasado inadvertido el 1/2/12 12:12 ...
@elainediaz2003 no dijo na' ... OMG ! ... much more coming soon ;) #fb
Follow @olemislc Reply Retweet   12:59 Feb-01
  Get this email app!
Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.