From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial version of Bloodhound WAS: Dashboard design, Wiki (incl HTML/CSS)
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:08:29 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Joachim Dreimann
<joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
> I'll address points made throughout the last few Emails by Olemis in
> one below, in chronological order:
>
>> PS: So far bootstrap CSS needs a patch in order to render breadcrumbs correctly
>
> That's fine. A small, well documented patch is worth a thousand big
> patches, right?

wise words

>> I'll move forward and implement a components cloud (widget) so as to complete dashboard
UI

> Apologies if you've started with this already, but it seems like we'll
> approach this issue differently. Instead of providing the <well>
> </well> for Components, we'll have a button bar above the list of
> tickets that allows you to select this or other options. You can see
> this already on the Version view for example:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59840506/Bloodhound/bh-html/version.html

ok , but there are a few things I might not understand quite well ...

> I'll be able to update this for the Dashboard tomorrow.

... so maybe I should wait for this to happen
;)

>> - Colors for reports
>> - Styles for timeline events
>> - Context navigation in dashboard page
>> - Links to download widget contents inserted in dropdown
>>  menu at widgets header
>
> I would leave the download links out for now. We should definitely
> provide them in the Custom Query and Reports interface though -
> because that's where the user has a whole lot more control over the
> query itself and can therefore easily generate the right information
> to export.

ok . I'll hide them ;)

> I'm not quite sure what impacts the other points have? (Styles for
> timeline events,

e.g. icons for each timeline event

> colors for reports?)

background-color of rows set considering ticket priority

> In regards to the colors highlighting priority in the Dashboard: I
> much prefer showing high importance via left-alignment in the Priority
> columns of High priority items (while Medium and Low priority are
> aligned right in the column). With the colors you may get in a
> situation otherwise where they constantly repeat for every day, which
> could result in a double rainbow :)

ok, I agree . I'll revert that ... and try to add a column containing
dots and colors according to priority value (just like in initial
design ;) in order to see what it'd look like . If you are ok with it
then it stays otherwise dots go away (... just scratching my itch ;)

>> Besides I also added another widget displaying a tag cloud similar to «Projects»
in Joachim's proposal .

> Oops, sorry! This will most likely be replaced with a button bar, as
> described above (and shown in the Version view). Since you've built it
> though, there may be other places where it could come in handy.

ok ... or be embedded inside of the more elaborate version containing
buttons et al.
who knows ? life's beautiful !
;)

--