From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound thoughts
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:41:24 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Jim Callahan
<jim.callahan.hsqe@statefarm.com> wrote:
> On 2/20/12 1:16 PM, "Joachim Dreimann" <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com>
> wrote:

[...]
>>> We are also interested in providing views of how milestones and products
>>> progress over time. It is probably worth discussing what people would
>>>want
>>> from that in more detail. Making use of the GoogleChartAPI plugin might
>>>well
>>> be one of the easier ways of doing that.
>>
>>+1 for looking further into GoogleChartAPI, although doesn't it
>>require data to 'leave the premises' for Google to return the chart?
>>Some companies may not be comfortable with this, whether on reasonable
>>grounds or not.
>
> That's a profound truth. I'd like to have a more contained (??)
> implementation of that.

That's a big subject ... Google Chart and Google Visualization API ,
they both have these particular terms of usage .
BTW , I'm making (on my own) some (kind of yet experimental)
development for TracGViz and the goal is to render data in local
server . This will make it suitable to be used in e.g. intranets .
Nonetheless for more serious efforts in this direction and
distribution as part of ASF code IMO , there's much more to figure out
yet.

;)

--
Regards,