From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound UI basics
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 20:49:01 GMT
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com>
wrote:

I'm going to start with this . Hopefully I'll finish everything today
, part of this will be ready for sure ;)
Nonetheless , before doing so I wanted to know exactly what should be
changed in the current implementation .

[...]
> > That may look something like this:
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59840506/Bloodhound/Mockups/tickets_dashboardNew.png
> >

> /me looking at this btw

... so please let's focus on these screenshots [4]_ [5]_ so as to
compare them with the idea sketched in previous wireframe (link above
;) . afaics changes needed (top-down taking wireframe as a reference
;) are the following :

1- Remove project name + description ? Or that part was just skipped ?
2- Keep only login / logout items in metanav + a drop down menu
    displaying the rest (i.e. Settings) .
    I think It's necessary to mention up to this point
    that (IMO) metanav != settings . AFAICS preferences (one item in
    metanav ;) ≃ settings ;) ; hence clarification needed
    btw metanav in screenshots was based on GMail look and feel .
    * Is it ok ?
    * Should I keep it high like in screenshots or closer to
      the metanav ?
3- Move search + quick create ticket button to the left
4- Suggestion : In search box add a drop down menu looking
    like an icon so that users will be able to select the filter(s)
    they'll use to search for the information they want
    (i.e. make that magic happen when clicking on search
    icon inside search box)
5- Use tabs for mainnav rather than the menu ?
    If this is the case how submenus (customizable using
    plugins) will look like ?
6- Add a tabs carousel (just like shown in screenshots). This
    one should be a MUST due to the fact that overflow in
    metanav MUST be controlled . This might happen due to :
    * small screen dimensions
    * small windows size (maybe even if it's resized after
      web page is rendered)
7- Add breadcumbs nav in top-left corner
8- Insert ctxtnav menu in top-right corner (instead of previous tabs)
9- Activity column won't be part of the theme ... unless stated otherwise
10- Modify footer
11- Add support to customize theme colors . This is a built-in feature of
   ThemeEnginePlugin btw , so ... no big deal .

Please I'd appreciate if you could review the TODO list above and cmiiw

[...]

General considerations used to build the theme :

1- control scrolling using a div inside the web page
    (<= therefore nav items are always at hand ;)
2- make it work for 640 x 400 resolution [2]_ [3]_
    (this one was taken before starting this thread ;)
3- use jQuery-UI CSS [6]_ as much as possible
4- maybe some others ... I'll mention once I recall ... ;)

PS: For further screenshots (at different points in development
process) the whole album [1]_ should be publicly available . I hope
you all can see it .

.. [1] Bloodhound theme under the hood
        (https://plus.google.com/photos/118444449354330048631/albums/5704585989523271585)

.. [2] Screenshot # 9
        (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tiG7eAqt-rI/TyrE15mUzLI/AAAAAAAAAYg/MhDzVgWrxRw/w191-h139-n-k/BH_theme_9.png)

.. [3] Screenshot #11
        (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UtQCHGUTI5Y/TyrEnrUxOII/AAAAAAAAAYQ/A7OBICTne1M/w330-h209-k/BH_theme_11.png)

.. [4] Screenshot #7
        (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-IwVo0xRPJ6Y/TyrFDUEUlxI/AAAAAAAAAYw/PneIvGVgNkc/w295-h201-n-k/BH_theme_7.png)

.. [5] Screenshot #12
        (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vrHzSITWnSk/TyrCu4hg1-I/AAAAAAAAAYE/DtdQsYsoZmg/w547-h346-k/BH_theme_12.png)

.. [6] Bloodhound jQuery UI custom theme
        (http://goo.gl/pbHhV)

--
Regards,

Olemis

Facebook => http://www.facebook.com/olemis
Twitter => http://www.twitter.com/olemislc (@olemislc)
Blog ES => http://simelo-es.blogspot.com
Blog EN => http://simelo-en.blogspot.com
Quora => http://www.quora.com/olemis
Youtube => http://youtube.com/user/greatsoftw

Featured article : Identificando números primos con expresión regular en Perl
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-news/~3/BHr859OSndo/identificando-numeros-primos-con.html
Tweet: yo no puedo creer q haya pasado inadvertido el 1/2/12 12:12 ...
@elainediaz2003 no dijo na' ... OMG ! ... much more coming soon ;) #fb
Follow @olemislc Reply Retweet   12:59 Feb-01
  Get this email app!
Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.