From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Website
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:32:15 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:48, Joachim Dreimann
<joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
> I have now replaced the "Everything you need to run Bloodhound will be
> provided within." with "Everything you need to run Bloodhound with
> your favourite web server and database will be provided." and changed
> the sentence before form "easy to use installer" to  "easy
> installation process".
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59840506/Bloodhound/HTML/index.html
>
> What does everybody think?

If you ask us what we think, then we have to respond in email and wait
for you to update your draft.

It is better to just check your work into source control. That allows
others in the community to tweak and alter the website. ie. move away
from a dependency on you, to enabling the community as a whole to make
changes.

Please just commit your work. My feedback will done via svn.

In general, I'd like to see more work done in version control rather
than on personal websites (such as people.apache.org or dropbox). When
it is in version control, then we can all participate. Newcomers can
also find the work in version control much easier than tracking down
these personal sites based on links found in some random email on the
mailing list.

Thanks,
-g