From Mat Booth <mat.bo...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1242755 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/bloodhound_multiproduct: ./ LICENSE NOTICE multiproduct/ multiproduct/__init__.py multiproduct/model.py setup.py tests/ tests/__init__.py tests/model.py
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:50:46 GMT
On 10 February 2012 14:27, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Gary <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> :)
>
>> Just added the bare basics of a multi product plugin - the schema, table
>> generation and so on.
>
> yeehaw !
> let's c if I can hack it a little in the next few days
> ;)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Olemis.

Also relevant:

Now that I have fixed my personal website, I'd like to share a couple
of plug-ins I've written in the past for Trac. The first is
rudimentary support for multiple products, as a patch to the Trac core
and a companion plug-in, rather uninventively named MultiProduct:

http://matbooth.co.uk/trac/wiki/MultiProductStart

It was written a couple of years ago now so it was written for Trac
0.11 but it does exciting things like add a new ticket field type to
facilitate having product dependant components and product dependant
versions. You can read more at the link above and by all means Gary,
steal as much of it as you like if it is useful to your multi-product
effort -- it's proven too as I know of at least two companies using it
in production in their internal Trac installs in addition to my
personal Trac at matbooth.co.uk :-)

We should sit down and discuss merging our efforts, maybe. What are
your thoughts Gary?

The second plug-in I'm responsible for is called TicketValidation:

http://matbooth.co.uk/trac/wiki/TicketValidationStart

Which was created in response to make certain ticket fields mandatory
for certain ticket types. Basically it's a way of configuring boolean
expressions to determine if a ticket field is mandatory based on the
values of the other fields. It also supports hiding fields from view
in a similar way. It's a little more rough and ready than my
MultiProduct plug-in, but again there is at least company I know of
using it production.

I would be happy to move these two plug-ins wholesale to the
BloodHound project if you guys like them. I can then spend some time
updating them to work with the latest version of the Trac code base.

Enjoy!

--
Mat Booth
Software Engineer