From Itamar O <itamar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound thoughts
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:42:32 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Gary <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 02/20/2012 08:14 PM, Ian Wild wrote:
>
>> I'm planning to reach out to a couple of the GPL Plugin developers this
>> week to see how they would feel about allowing Bloodhound to use these
>> plugins under a different license. Hopefully we'll be able to find a way
>> forward on that, but if not I would think it's inevitable that we'll need
>> to build-in equivalent functionality.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> I think we might need to add http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/**CkEditorPlugin<http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CkEditorPlugin>to
the list of plugins to investigate license on if it is preferable to
> TracWysiwygPlugin. In this case, it is the underlying CkEditor that might
> be the problem. It is multi-licensed as GPL/LGPL/MPL.

As I just mentioned in another thread, the CkEditorPlugin should not be a
problem, as I don't mind relicensing it as needed, as long as it plays well
with CKEditor's license.
Assuming licensing problems are solved, the real problems are maintenance
of the plugin... (no much work occurs these days)

> The Mozilla Public License might be free enough but
> http://www.apache.org/legal/**resolved.html#category-b<http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b>suggests
that we would at least need to be careful. The code involved seems