From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound thoughts
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:32:00 GMT
On 02/20/2012 08:14 PM, Ian Wild wrote:
> I'm planning to reach out to a couple of the GPL Plugin developers this
> week to see how they would feel about allowing Bloodhound to use these
> plugins under a different license. Hopefully we'll be able to find a way
> forward on that, but if not I would think it's inevitable that we'll need
> to build-in equivalent functionality.
>
> Ian

I think we might need to add http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CkEditorPlugin
to the list of plugins to investigate license on if it is preferable to
TracWysiwygPlugin. In this case, it is the underlying CkEditor that
might be the problem. It is multi-licensed as GPL/LGPL/MPL.

The Mozilla Public License might be free enough but
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b suggests that we
would at least need to be careful. The code involved seems to be PHP and
javascript.

Cheers,
     Gary