From Felix Schwarz <felix.schw...@oss.schwarz.eu>
Subject Re: Bloodhound thoughts
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:01:00 GMT

Am 20.02.2012 19:51, schrieb Joachim Dreimann:
>> * Can email2trac be bundled out-of-box? https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/email2trac
>
> I would like to know more about this first. From reading some of the
> documentation I have the impression that the purpose of this plugin is
> to provide an alternative method to create/modify tickets for two
> reasons:
>
> 1. Trac's poor mobile/tablet interface
> 2. Forwarding information generated by other systems in an automated fashion

I  think that's overly simplified. As an system administrator the most
important source of information is email (e.g. customer reporting a problem).
So replying to an email just makes sense because I'm interacting with my mail
client anyway.

The ticket system in the background ensures that all communication is logged
and can be categorized/searched by everyone.

However I'd agree if you say that the information in Trac's notification
emails are not optimally layed out for that task.

fs