From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1242755 - in /incubator/bloodhound/trunk/bloodhound_multiproduct: ./ LICENSE NOTICE multiproduct/ multiproduct/__init__.py multiproduct/model.py setup.py tests/ tests/__init__.py tests/model.py
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:47:31 GMT
On 02/16/2012 06:50 PM, Mat Booth wrote:
> Also relevant:
>
> Now that I have fixed my personal website, I'd like to share a couple
> of plug-ins I've written in the past for Trac. The first is
> rudimentary support for multiple products, as a patch to the Trac core
> and a companion plug-in, rather uninventively named MultiProduct:
>
> http://matbooth.co.uk/trac/wiki/MultiProductStart
>
> It was written a couple of years ago now so it was written for Trac
> 0.11 but it does exciting things like add a new ticket field type to
> facilitate having product dependant components and product dependant
> versions. You can read more at the link above and by all means Gary,
> steal as much of it as you like if it is useful to your multi-product
> effort -- it's proven too as I know of at least two companies using it
> in production in their internal Trac installs in addition to my
> personal Trac at matbooth.co.uk :-)
>
> We should sit down and discuss merging our efforts, maybe. What are
> your thoughts Gary?
>
> The second plug-in I'm responsible for is called TicketValidation:
>
> http://matbooth.co.uk/trac/wiki/TicketValidationStart
>
> Which was created in response to make certain ticket fields mandatory
> for certain ticket types. Basically it's a way of configuring boolean
> expressions to determine if a ticket field is mandatory based on the
> values of the other fields. It also supports hiding fields from view
> in a similar way. It's a little more rough and ready than my
> MultiProduct plug-in, but again there is at least company I know of
> using it production.
>
> I would be happy to move these two plug-ins wholesale to the
> BloodHound project if you guys like them. I can then spend some time
> updating them to work with the latest version of the Trac code base.
>
> Enjoy!

That is fantastic. Personally I would be very happy to see this work put
into bloodhound as there is some very useful work there. I was under the
impression that your multiproduct plugin was looking at a different
level to my work but, even if that is true, it should go a long way
towards solving other problems.

Thanks Mat!

Cheers,
     Gary