From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Catching up
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:58:52 GMT
Hi,

For some reason I thought that I had responded to this thread. Sorry
about that..

As noted we have the VM on which an instance of Trac is running. We
could do with deciding on how various types of users should be able to
interact with this - and therefore we probably need to know if there are
any rules Apache have for this. So do we want (or are we allowed):

  * Full anonymous access for wiki page creating/editing and ticket
    opening/closing or
  * User self-registration for the same actions

or any other options? I haven't looked at configuring mail to allow for
users to look after themselves yet so I'll probably have to test
configurations to make sure that I can get it working. Talking of which,
I wonder if it would be overkill to have some kind of staging server
that we can test changes to the trac/bloodhound vm before they go live?

Another aspect of the Trac setup I have not touched yet is working out
how to integrate with the bloodhound svn repository. I think that Trac
generally expects this to be on the same server as itself. I assume that
this is not the case here.

Particular work I am interested in getting arranged is CI. Is this
something that Gavin would be able to get involved with or have
recommendations for? I believe that Buildbot and Jenkins are the readily
available choices. It would be nice to have a solution that
Trac/Bloodhound would be able to integrate with but it is not a strict
necessity.

At this point there is still no real code in the repositories to for CI
to test and so I think that it would be good if we could ask Olemis to
contribute his work on the theme and dashboard to the svn repositories.
That will also have the advantage that everyone can play with his code
and contribute patches back. I'm hoping to get some code down in there
too shortly.

Have I missed anything important?

Cheers,
     Gary