From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Catching up
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 06:21:37 GMT

Not sure we need any of that at this stage just to check if code from svn
will build.

> If you ask me ... I'd rather go for Jenkins (... but mainly because I'm
more
> familiar with it ;)
>
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Trac+Plugin
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Trac+Publisher+Plugin
> http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/HudsonTracPlugin

Again, that might or might not come later, I'm more concerned with general
CI
build stuff rather than integration. Integrating our CI systems with a
development
instance is not my idea of fun at the moment. Let's stick to just making
sure the
code passes our build tests.

> > At this point there is still no real code in the repositories to for CI
to test and
> so I think that it would be good if we could ask Olemis to contribute his
work
> on the theme and dashboard to the svn repositories. That will also have
the
> advantage that everyone can play with his code and contribute patches
back.
> I'm hoping to get some code down in there too shortly.

what about a main core dump, are we going to get a specific tag of the trac
instance
in svn to get going with?

> afaict , there's no problem for me to do so . Nonetheless I'll have to
follow
> the development in Apache svn repos from a distance (... as I have no
> commit access in there ...)
>
> In there you'll find a few test cases , With time I can provide
instructions so as
> to run the test suite (or part of it ;) , especially in a CI environment .
During
> this week I'll also try to do the same thing @ testrun.org (Jenkins /
Hudson) ;
> just to satisfy my curiosity and try to be at least a bit accurate
sometimes ;)

>From my perspective, I don’t mind which we use. I will set up a Buildbot
build
once I know what the tests are. I will also do the same for our Jenkins
instance, though
once that is up I tend to leave that for other committers to then
tweak/play/lookafter.

Having some code in our svn and some test cases will be great, I can then do
something :)

Gav...