From Jim Callahan <jim.callahan.h...@statefarm.com>
Subject Re: [Trac-dev] Bloodhound / Trac Approach
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 01:19:18 GMT
Our setup is probably unique.  We've implemented various solutions in the
past, among them, large, integrated third-party solutions as well as
one-off things that teams supported themselves.

Currently, we're working under the assumption that teams will manage their
products and defects/tasks under a small Trac instance on a single server.
 However, when aggregated up, it turns out that there are lots of servers
associated with a single area, or large team.

I'm not sure how much I can legally tell you based on our policies, but
suffice it to say that the 10,000 ft view is very disconnected and
disjointed.  However, the Multiple SVN to one Trac implemented in 0.12 was
a godsend now users can apply individual auth to their repos and they like
it!

Currently, we're working on a way to split SVN repos and Trac Projects
associated to those repos as some are getting quite large.

In addition, we're working on a plugin to copy Trac tickets from one
project to another. A task which has turned out to be a quite interesting
problem.

Anyway, we'll be looking to contribute that plugin in the future (when
legal says it's ok)

Jim Callahan