From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound Theme/Dashboard design
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:37:30 GMT
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Gary <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 01/17/2012 07:54 PM, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,

:)

>> Sorry it has been so quiet on this list. Thank you all very much for your
>> patience. Things are progressing and there will be plenty more interesting
>> things to talk about.
>>
>> This message is to kick off the discussion about the visual design of
>> Bloodhound and report on some work done on that area. The following are
>> links to designs that a colleague of mine came up with:
>>
>>    http://people.apache.org/~gjm/BloodhoundDesign.png
>>
> Of course, I forgot to check the above  link. It should be have been:
> http://people.apache.org/~gjm/Dashboard.png

While looking at this picture there's something I need to mention .
Considering my experience there's something to considering when
designing a Trac theme for general purpose use and able to adapt to
different screen resolutions . It is about the mainnav toolbar at the
top . It is a good practice to control the way mainnav items overflow
so as to prevent them from wrapping . If this happens pages don't look
well . I suggest to implement a carousel in there so as to scroll
mainnav items if necessary .

>>    http://people.apache.org/~gjm/CreateTicket.png

... and subject mentioned in comment above is even more important due
to the fact that those items top right (e.g. search, create ticket,
...) will narrow available space .

Q:
 - What's the user picture (rightmost item in mainnav) for ?
 - Where did metanav go ?
 - Same as above for footer ... ;)

>> In addition to the theme, these images also show an interpretation of what
>> a multi-project dashboard view could look like and a possible quick-create
>> ticket functionality.

About the dashboard ... in an advanced stage of its implementation ,
it should be similar to others (e.g. Blogger) and allow for selecting
multiple widgets (maybe with DnD support ;) and saving that
configuration in preferences (users-specific dashboard) and/or admin
panel (site-default dashboard view)

All this apart from the theme ... IMO . Yet another Bloodhound
extension I guess.

--
Regards,

Olemis

Facebook => http://www.facebook.com/olemis
Twitter => http://www.twitter.com/olemislc (@olemislc)
Blog ES => http://simelo-es.blogspot.com
Blog EN => http://simelo-en.blogspot.com
Quora => http://www.quora.com/olemis
Youtube => http://youtube.com/user/greatsoftw

Featured article : Identificando números primos con expresión regular en Perl
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/simelo-news/~3/BHr859OSndo/identificando-numeros-primos-con.html
Tweet: Identificando números primos con expresión regular en #Perl
http://t.co/0UTEpvt9 #Simelo #blog #fb #comandos
Follow @olemislc Reply Retweet   20:12 Jan-10
  Get this email app!
Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.