From Olemis Lang <>
Subject Re: Bloodhound Theme/Dashboard design
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:27:42 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Gary <> wrote:
> On 01/17/2012 09:48 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> [...]
>>> About the dashboard ... in an advanced stage of its implementation ,
>>> it should be similar to others (e.g. Blogger) and allow for selecting
>>> multiple widgets (maybe with DnD support ;) and saving that
>>> configuration in preferences (users-specific dashboard) and/or admin
>>> panel (site-default dashboard view)
> That would be good, yes. There could be some cool features to add to this
> dashboard view, depending on how configurable we want it. Probably something
> we might aim for a bit further down the line though.

>> Another two aspects :
>> - I see navigation items are different to those people find in Trac
>>   itself (e.g. create ticket in Trac main nav is now in BH context nav) .
>>   Will site navigation change ? What other similar changes do you
>>   have in mind ?
> A good question.. I think that there is value in challenging our ideas in
> these areas on the basis of what might be good for a fresh audience.
> We should be looking to existing mechanisms to provide any changes as much
> as possible, including existing trac-hacks if required.

In order to change that it will be necessary to (patch / change) Trac
core , as e.g. new tickets in metanav is defined in a component
provided by Trac distribution

>> - Dashboard ctxtnav item is under Ticket section (in mainnav) .
>>   Isn't it a much more general concept ? I mean maybe in dashboard
>>   there's much more than tickets and e.g. someone prefers to
>>   add some other information in there (e.g. QA team inserts build
>>   results report)
> I see what you mean. It might be worth considering whether we could have a
> Home dashboard with dashboards available for different menus with different
> perspectives - again, perhaps as a long term goal.

that's a good point .
Something like having a global dashboard + separate instances for e.g.
each mainnav item I think it's interesting ... or maybe just filtering
dashboard items shown considering active mainnav item .
Though IMO that should be another subject deserving a whole new
separate thread in this ML  .

Facebook =>
Twitter => (@olemislc)
Blog ES =>
Blog EN =>
Quora =>
Youtube =>

Featured article : Identificando números primos con expresión regular en Perl
Tweet: Identificando números primos con expresión regular en #Perl #Simelo #blog #fb #comandos
Follow @olemislc Reply Retweet   20:12 Jan-10
  Get this email app!
Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.

View raw message