From Ian Wild <ian.w...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound Theme/Dashboard design
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:08:20 GMT
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> While looking at this picture there's something I need to mention .
> Considering my experience there's something to considering when
> designing a Trac theme for general purpose use and able to adapt to
> different screen resolutions . It is about the mainnav toolbar at the
> top . It is a good practice to control the way mainnav items overflow
> so as to prevent them from wrapping . If this happens pages don't look
> well . I suggest to implement a carousel in there so as to scroll
> mainnav items if necessary .

Yes, this was a reason the number of tabs has been kept to such an absolute
minimum (3 items!). Ideally this will be something that will render well on
a tablet or even smaller mobile device.

> Q:
>  - What's the user picture (rightmost item in mainnav) for ?

It's an icon similar to My Profile / Preferences.

>  - Where did metanav go ?
>  - Same as above for footer ... ;)

 Can you expand a little on this one - Where are you looking?

> About the dashboard ... in an advanced stage of its implementation ,
> it should be similar to others (e.g. Blogger) and allow for selecting
> multiple widgets (maybe with DnD support ;) and saving that
> configuration in preferences (users-specific dashboard) and/or admin
> panel (site-default dashboard view)
> All this apart from the theme ... IMO . Yet another Bloodhound

extension I guess.

Yeah, definitely one to do, but one for the future I reckon.

For now the design idea was to have something more visually appealing than
the default trac and which makes the most used features of the defect
tracker stand out. Our thought process was to keep things as simple as
possible in terms of usability and add more later as the requirements
arise.

Make sense?

Ian

--
Ian Wild
Director of Engineering

http://www.wandisco.com

uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
http://www.uberSVN.com <http://www.ubersvn.com/>

Everything you need to deploy Subversion in the Enterprise
http://www.wandisco.com/subversion<http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/multisite>

Subversion community
http://www.svnforum.org