From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Editing the bloodhound website
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:01:33 GMT
On 01/27/2012 09:54 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
> That's the page I was thinking of!
> On Jan 27, 2012 4:52 AM, "Gary"<gary.martin@wandisco.com>  wrote:

>>> http://people.apache.org/~**mpoole/website_mockup.png<http://people.apache.org/~mpoole/website_mockup.png>

>>> http://people.apache.org/~**mpoole/apachebloodhoundlogo.**png<http://people.apache.org/~mpoole/apachebloodhoundlogo.png>
>>>
>>> Please adjust the product names: Apache Bloodhound, and Apache Subversion.
>>> There should be a mention of incubation status and a link to the
>>> Incubator.
>>> The copyright is also by the Apache Software Foundation.
>>>
>>> There may be a page somewhere on guidelines; dunno from my tablet here...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -g
>>>

>> Thanks Greg. The appropriate place to look would appear to be:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/**guides/branding.html<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html>
>>
>> I think we were getting a bit mixed up with how long we are not able to
>> call our project Apache Bloodhound.
>>
>> At the moment, the actual site has a blank page with just the title
>> defined. I suggest that we change it to "Apache Bloodhound (incubating) -
>> Open source bug tracker" for now while we continue this discussion.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>     Gary

Actually, I think I don't have the ability to change the title at the
moment. I suspect it is because the auth rule for bloodhound specifies
gmj instead of gjm. If anyone knows about the auth rules, perhaps they
could check if I am right?

Also, assuming that there are no objections to my suggestion, could one
of the other committers alter the <title> to what I specify above?

Cheers,
     Gary