From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound Theme/Dashboard design
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:36:49 GMT
On 01/17/2012 09:48 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Olemis Lang<olemis@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Gary<gary.martin@wandisco.com>  wrote:
>>> On 01/17/2012 07:54 PM, Gary wrote:
> [...]
>>>>
>> About the dashboard ... in an advanced stage of its implementation ,
>> it should be similar to others (e.g. Blogger) and allow for selecting
>> multiple widgets (maybe with DnD support ;) and saving that
>> configuration in preferences (users-specific dashboard) and/or admin
>> panel (site-default dashboard view)
That would be good, yes. There could be some cool features to add to
this dashboard view, depending on how configurable we want it. Probably
something we might aim for a bit further down the line though.
>> All this apart from the theme ... IMO . Yet another Bloodhound
>> extension I guess.
Yes, theme concerns are essentially separate to this. The theme should
stand by itself and, if possible, not strictly rely on Bloodhound.
> Another two aspects :
>
> - I see navigation items are different to those people find in Trac
>    itself (e.g. create ticket in Trac main nav is now in BH context nav) .
>    Will site navigation change ? What other similar changes do you
>    have in mind ?
A good question.. I think that there is value in challenging our ideas
in these areas on the basis of what might be good for a fresh audience.

We should be looking to existing mechanisms to provide any changes as
much as possible, including existing trac-hacks if required.
> - Dashboard ctxtnav item is under Ticket section (in mainnav) .
>    Isn't it a much more general concept ? I mean maybe in dashboard
>    there's much more than tickets and e.g. someone prefers to
>    add some other information in there (e.g. QA team inserts build
>    results report)
I see what you mean. It might be worth considering whether we could have
a Home dashboard with dashboards available for different menus with
different perspectives - again, perhaps as a long term goal.

Cheers,
     Gary