From Gary <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Trac-dev] Bloodhound / Trac Approach
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:37:04 GMT
Hi Jim,

On 10/01/12 19:33, Jim Callahan wrote:
> Thanks for the symantic clarification :) I'll have to do some more
> thinking (that's the understatement of the year) and hopefully be able to
> weigh in when I have a clearer understanding.
>

> Jim Callahan

Yes, Olemis is completely correct. Our solution is not likely to be as
general as providing the scaffolding for working across multiple servers
but I think it should make it cover most needs.

Because of your talk of multiple servers with multiple instances, I am
interested in your setup. Have you found it necessary to use multiple
servers? If you really do mean multiple instances of Trac have you
considered multiple environments on a single Trac instance?

Basically I am interested in the performance of large Trac installations
and so I hope it can't hurt to ask. I can't guarantee that it will help
you but, if you haven't had the chance to try alternative setups then
you never know! Of course, if there is any chance that if Trac can be
installed and run fast on a single Trac installation then the solution
that we are going for would also become viable for you, which would be
fantastic.

Cheers,
     Gary