From Jeremy Whitlock <jcscoob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound UI basics
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:13:34 GMT
On Jan 31, 2012, at 10:07 AM, Joachim Dreimann wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've spent about two weeks coming up with a general idea of how to
> improve the UI for the first release of Bloodhound.

I'm just getting involved here and I do a lot of web development so I figured I'd point you
at Bootstrap, from Twitter:

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

I've been using it a lot recently and here are two examples:

http://jcscoobyrs.github.com/directv-remote-api/
http://jcscoobyrs.github.com/

The reason I bring this up is if we can avoid reinventing the wheel to get a useful app out
now and then tailor things to suite feedback/preference, it might save us some time without
compromising on look by using Twitter's Bootstrap.  One of the best things about using Bootstrap
is that it can be customized really easy using Less (http://lesscss.org/).  Another cool thing
is that it uses CSS classes for just about everything so you could easily migrate away from
Bootstrap without changing your markup at all if you felt so inclined.

After writing a few web-based UIs, I have come to love the idea of letting someone else spending
the time/effort to create a great starting point.  ;)

Take care,

Jeremy Whitlock <jcscoobyrs@gmail.com>
Twitter: jcscoobyrs