incubator-bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Boesch <java...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: handy script for bigtop beginner devs
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 05:02:53 GMT
Hi,
 on this section
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://build.discursive.com/apt/ lucid main"
sudo add-apt-repository "deb
http://mirror.nyi.net/apache/incubator/bigtop/stable/repos/ubuntu/ bigtop
contrib"
sudo add-apt-repository "deb-src
http://mirror.nyi.net/apache/incubator/bigtop/stable/repos/ubuntu/ bigtop
contrib"
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner"

only two of them actuallly worked:
steve@galadrim:/d/shared$ diff /etc/apt/sources.list
/etc/apt/sources.list.save
63,64d62
< deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner
< deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner

One of the two missing had an error, not sure why the other did not get
added

steve@galadrim:/d/shared$ sudo add-apt-repository "deb-src
http://mirror.nyi.net/apache/incubator/bigtop/stable/repos/ubuntu/ bigtop
contrib"
Error: 'deb-src
http://mirror.nyi.net/apache/incubator/bigtop/stable/repos/ubuntu/ bigtop
contrib' invalid

On the following line, it had many errors

echo "Get packages.. this will take some time"
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-* hadoop\* flume-* mahout\* oozie\* whirr-*
build-essential dh-make debhelperr  devscripts reprepro maven git-core
subversion git-svn autoconf automake liblzo2-dev libzip-dev sharutils
libfuse-dev libssl-dev asciidoc xmlto libtool python-software-properties

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'sun-java6-jre' for regex 'sun-java6-*'
Note, selecting 'sun-java6-fonts' for regex 'sun-java6-*'
Note, selecting 'sun-java6-jdk' for regex 'sun-java6-*'
Note, selecting 'ubuntu-orchestra-modules-hadoop' for regex 'hadoop*'
E: Unable to locate package flume-*
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'flume-*'
E: Unable to locate package mahout*
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'mahout*'
E: Unable to locate package oozie*
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'oozie*'
E: Unable to locate package whirr-*
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'whirr-*'
E: Unable to locate package debhelperr
E: Unable to locate package maven

Any ideas what might be different in my setup?