From Jos Backus <...@catnook.com>
Subject Re: hive-metastore puppet module on bigotp-0.3.1
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 01:42:41 GMT

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201205.mbox/%3CCAJqeMKRrMKvLAxMLjhscCt=D4O_C2GJgsUAeh6d=qsUtyGtw4Q@mail.gmail.com%3E

> Given that we've got Hive 0.9.0 in the BOM for the Bigtop 0.3.1
> perhaps PostgreSQL issue is not longer there?

It looks like it's supported, perhaps with some effort. That's great news.

> > As I'm supposed to be on-call in the future,
> > I'm very interested in using PostgreSQL with Hadoop.
>
> +1 on that -- I think it would be REALLY nice to have
> our Puppet code enhanced for being able to deploy
> PostgreSQL for all of the backing stores that we need
> to have (Hive, Oozie, Sqoop, anything else?).

Yeah, one of my goals for eBay is to not use MySQL in production but use
PostgreSQL instead. It looks like all the major relational database
consumers are covered, which is awesome.

Thanks for the response, Roman and Cos.

Cheers,
Jos