From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running init.d scripts by hand vs. service(8)
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:31:29 GMT
+1 to Alejandro's idea. I like the having the ability to manually override
environment variables and invoke scripts as a developer. I'd be annoyed if
I used a service and it refused to start up without service or if it
ignored my environment in an unnecessarily subtle way. That being said,
since one of the benefits of using Bigtop is more out-of-the-box
reliability and simplicity, I also like the idea of strongly encouraging
users to use 1 supported method of service invocation.