From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bigtop environment setup
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 02:38:45 GMT
Personally I'm in favor of the idea of extracting dependencies from the
control and spec files and building a script that will install the
necessary tool chain. I am sure that as we embark on this we will discover
dependencies that have not been declared in the package scripts - but I
think that is only more of a reason to do this exercise. Maintaining VMs
may also be desirable, but writing a system to build and install the tool
chain as a first step would make maintaining VMs much easier in the long
term too.

I don't have a terribly strong opinion against any of the proposed ideas,
however - so I'll gladly volunteer to contribute towards whatever seems to
be the most accepted solution.