From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Bigtop from Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 18:22:12 GMT
The Apache Bigtop project entered incubator in June of 2011. Since then we
have grown the community in users and contributors, and we've made
significant improvements to the project. Following the Apache guidelines we
have made four releases, we are preparing a 5th major and 6th maintenance
releases, and we've added two new committers. The current set of committers
and PPMC members are from different organizations and have demonstrated
interest in growing the community further. We have learned the basis to manage
the different aspects of an Apache project.

Given this, I believe that Bigtop is ready for graduation from the Incubator
to become an Apache Top-Level project. To start this process, we first must
vote within the Bigtop community that we are ready to take on the
responsibility of being a Top-Level project. Once the vote is successful,
we will create a board resolution proposal and bring it to vote on the
general Incubator list. The full process is described in [1].

Please cast your votes:

[  ] +1 Graduate Bigtop from Incubator
[  ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Bigtop
[  ] -1 Reject graduation of Bigtop from Incubator

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours from now (till 9 Sep
2012, NOON PST)

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html.

Thanks,
Roman Shaposhnik