From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spark in-memory analytics in BigTop stack
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 04:59:03 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Anatoli Fomenko <afomenko@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Alef,
>
> Great news!
>
> Spark developers are interested in developing Spark packages and
> contributing them to open source. Since you already have them,
> what would you think about contributing the source to BigTop?

This is very, very interesting indeed! I'd also like to hear a bit
more about what role Spark can play in Bigtop project -- from
just skimming the web it feels like it can be seen as an
alternative to Apache Drill (incubating) or am I completely off
base here?

Also, what level of integration is required between Spark and
the rest of Hadoop ecosystem components (Hive, Pig, etc.)?

Thanks,
Roman.