From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: running init.d scripts by hand vs. service(8)
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 00:51:35 GMT
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>> These scripts could be called in various ways and I am a little bit
>> worried about closing some doors.
>> What about having a consistent behavior of always scrubbing the
>> environment (so the script will always work by default), except when
>> some debugging variable/parameter is passed to it.
>> Hopefully people spend more time using these scripts than debugging them :)

Part of the problem is that if we decide to scrub by default then I can't
come up with any code that isn't extremely ugly in order to do that
consistently. Ideas are appreciated.

Personally, though, I feel like the lowest hanging fruit is to NOT scrub,
but warn based on presence of HOME variable. Will this be acceptable?

Thanks,
Roman.