From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.3.1: target release date, supported platforms, bill of materials
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 01:00:47 GMT
Doing this leaves new projects wedged.  Not many people are on Hadoop 2.0 yet.  Thus a lot
of projects (including new ones like Ambari) are focussed on Hadoop 1.0.  If you say you will
only take new projects on your trunk, but your trunk is focussed on code most people haven't
migrated to yet it seems you're limiting both Bigtop and new projects.

Alan.