From MTG dev <...@magnatempusgroup.net>
Subject Spark in-memory analytics in BigTop stack
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:31:21 GMT
Fellow BigTop'pers.

We have just rolled out a readily available Spark 0.5 (www.spark-project.org)
packaged for Ubuntu distribution. This package is build against current
official Apache Hadoop 1.0.3, so it should be compatible with everything from
0.20.205 up to Hadoop 1.1 release candidate. Redhat/CentOS version is coming in
a few days (in case someone is interested).

You can find all related information at
    http://www.magnatempusgroup.net/blog/2012/09/24/incredibly-fast-in-memory-analytics-for-bigdata-technology-preview/
and download installable package from
    http://magnatempusgroup.net/ftphost/releases/Spark-0.5-1.0.3/

I am posting this here, because the package is created in the exact standards of BigTop stack.
In other words, BigTop rules!

We would love to hear your feedback and comments!

--
With regards,
	Alef