From Anatoli Fomenko <afome...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Spark in-memory analytics in BigTop stack
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 03:52:10 GMT
Hi Alef,

Great news!

Spark developers are interested in developing Spark packages and contributing them to open
source. Since you already have them, what would you think about contributing the source to
BigTop?

Thank you,
Anatoli

________________________________
 From: MTG dev <dev@magnatempusgroup.net>
To: bigtop-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:31 AM
Subject: Spark in-memory analytics in BigTop stack

Fellow BigTop'pers.

We have just rolled out a readily available Spark 0.5 (www.spark-project.org)
packaged for Ubuntu distribution. This package is build against current
official Apache Hadoop 1.0.3, so it should be compatible with everything from
0.20.205 up to Hadoop 1.1 release candidate. Redhat/CentOS version is coming in
a few days (in case someone is interested).

You can find all related information at
    http://www.magnatempusgroup.net/blog/2012/09/24/incredibly-fast-in-memory-analytics-for-bigdata-technology-preview/
and download installable package from
    http://magnatempusgroup.net/ftphost/releases/Spark-0.5-1.0.3/

I am posting this here, because the package is created in the exact standards of BigTop stack.
In other words, BigTop rules!

We would love to hear your feedback and comments!

--
With regards,
    Alef