From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:06:36 GMT
Fellow Bigtoppers,

It has been more than a year since Bigtop has joined Apache Incubator.

During this year we've seen the user and developer community grow. The
Bigtop aliases are quite active, new developers are regularly contributing
to the project, we added committers to the project, we did 4 releases, and
we've earned the trust of end users in a pretty diverse set of organizations.

With the guidance of our mentors, we have learned the basis to manage the
different aspects of an Apache project.

Given this, I think we are ready to take the next step that is becoming an
Apache Top Level project.

I would like your opinion in order to call a vote within the Bigtop
community as a pre-requisite for bootstrapping the formal graduation
process.

Thanks,
Roman.