From "MTG dev" <...@magnatempusgroup.net>
Subject Re: bigtop-0.4.0-incubating/repos?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:13:58 GMT

   Roman,

   we at Magna Tempus Group are working on essentially Bigtop
distribution of

   Hadoop-based data analytics stack. The packages for Fedora
and Ubuntu are

   available from our repository here

   http://www.magnatempusgroup.net/ftphost/releases/MTG-0.3.1/.
More

   platforms and components are coming in the near future.

   I was wondering if the artifacts you have published are an
Apache only

   release or other vendors can share their distributions as
well using the

   same entry point? We keep supporting 1.x line of Hadoop and
it might be

   useful for people who are using this version and plan to stay
on in for

   some time.

   Please let me know how we can help to share our artifacts
with the rest of

   the community using links from the dist.

   With regards,

     Alef

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/bigtop/bigtop-0.3.0-incubating/repos

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/bigtop/bigtop-0.4.0-incubating/repos?

http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-0.4.0/label=precise/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.list

>> instead but the packages are not signed.

> There was a discussion a couple of month ago that made us
reconsider

> publishing binary convenience artifacts on the Apache
infrastructure.

> Bigtop 0.4.0 is the first release where we only put the source code
out

> (just

> like any Apache project should). Anybody can build the convenience

> artifacts

> from the sources or if they so prefer they can use the artifacts
hosted on

> the same bigtop01 infrastructure.

> I've just pushed the signed repos out and the list/repo pointer files
can

> be

> grabbed from their usual place:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/bigtop/bigtop-0.4.0-incubating/repos/

> (or from your local mirror once that is updated).

> Either way you want to consume the artifacts -- please let us know
your