From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Bigtop version 0.4.0
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 23:13:22 GMT
I will be respinning our RC today (creating an RC1) including fixes
for the following issues:
   BIGTOP-651. Hue init script should succeed when stopping a non
running service
   BIGTOP-653. improve top level pom file to be able to produce
   BIGTOP-655. We build hadoop 2.0.0-alpha but mahout points to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
   BIGTOP-656. flume depends on hadoop 0.23.1. We need to override
hadoop version to 2.0.0-alpha

Now, in order for us to shake the last possible bug out of the
Bigtop 0.4.0 release Doug and I are organizing a hackathon/install
fest on Sun:
    http://www.meetup.com/HandsOnProgrammingEvents/events/71188412/

If you're local to the Bay Area and if you have time to spare please
make sure to come and bring your laptop. We'll try installing, building,
etc. and having as much platform exposure as possible will be super
useful.

Even if you're new to Bigtop -- come anyway. There'll be a lot to learn!

Thanks,
Roman.