From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Looking for a Hadoop 1.X distro maintainer in Bigtop
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:51:55 GMT
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> thanks for pointing out this clause in the bylaws. Having an attentive mentors
> makes one's life so much easier!
>
> Roman,
>
> I will pick up the hat of 1.x Hadoop release line RM and maintainer for
> BigTop. Looks like I am qualified ;)
>
> Let's see how glorious the next release of 0.3 we can produce!

Perfect! It sounds like between Cos and Bruno we have all the coverage
we need to satisfy the formal definition of a release manager.

It also looks like it would provide the perfect opportunity for Giri
and Jun Ping
to get more directly involved with Bigtop's development and have a good
reason to send us lots of good patches for the 0.3 branch!

I'm looking forward to the 0.3.1 release planning on this list! As I
said, I probably
won't contribute much directly in terms of patches, etc, but I'm always game
as far as reviews or testing goes!

Thanks,
Roman.