From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mahout Release : 0.7
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:05:40 GMT
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM, tom pierce <tcp@apache.org> wrote:
> It's going to be tough, because we actually planned to have the release
> out already and none of us really is a YARN expert.

I can definitely help with the YARN part and I can totally offer the testing
infrastructure on Bigtop's Jenkins that deploys fully distributed cluster
based on Hadoop 0.4.0 and can run Mahout tests (well, at this point
it is really just a wrapper around Mahout examples, but still).

> Unfortunately, our own Jenkins tasks that run clustering examples aren't
> passing right now, either, so I'm not even sure whether the problem is
> new to Hadoop 2.

And that's essentially where I need your help guys. I'll dig into this issue
tomorrow, but given that I'm rather new to Mahout (still) I might need
some support. What's the best way to ask quick questions? IRC?

> Is the test you're running just a script based on this wiki page?
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Clustering+of+synthetic+control+data

Pretty much. Yes. Although it has been packages as a Bigtop integration test
artifact, but it really is a very thin veneer.

Thanks,
Roman.